Not everyone likes crowded gyms or group training, some people just want to do it at home alone, they prefer when no one can see them, and spend this time just for themselves. Also we think everyone knows the situation when you say, I will stark my home workout tomorrow… and next day nothing happens. But in few days you repeat, I will start exercise at home in few days and it never happens again, or just happens once and you forget about it in few days.
We want to make it less stressful for you and show some tips, which can help you to start doing yours home workout easier. We will try to get rid of your psychological barrier and show you these few pretty simple steps to begin your exercise at home.
Preparation for your home workout
1. Make your home workout schedule
It will be much easier to stick to your exercise at home goal, if you will have consistent workout plan. With consistent workout plan, you and your family members will take it more seriously. Besides even for your family will be easier to support you that way.
- Choose specific days and time for your workout like: Monday, Tuesday, Friday from 7.
- Choose the most comfortable place in your house for your workout ,where you will feel comfortable and no one will disturb you.
- Also be sure that you have enough free space and nothing will disturb you to perform your exercise.
- Be disciplined. Do not allow yourself to be lazy just because you are at home.
2. Don’t let anyone distracts you.
Try to make your exercises at home when no one is there and so that you don’t need to think about other things, such as washing or cooking. Nothing should distract you.
- Probably you do not want to compete with members of your family, who need to do cleaning, cooking etc. Also, children generally have a tendency try to play and disturb you.
- If you’ll have thoughts about your household work, you’ll probably think that it’s a good reason to abandon your home workout or just finish it earlier.
3. Do what you have to do
Put on yours workout clothes, take your headphones and turn on your workout music.
- Good workout music will help you tune in to your home workout, besides it contributes to the release of adrenaline.
- If you will prepare for your exercises at home, same as for the gym workout, you will stay more motivated to finish full workout.
4. Drink enough water
Always keep a bottle of water near yourself during your workout, doesn’t matter that you exercise at home. No need to rely on the fact that you can go to the kitchen to drink a glass of water as soon as you feel thirsty. Just because of small step out of your zone, you can start to feel laziness. Besides, don’t make you feel thirsty and drink as often as possible, don’t slow down you body processes (1).
5. Balance your diet
It is one of the most important things to create a diet plan, and stick to it all the time. About an hour before your home workout, you can have some healthy snack, what will give you more energy and endurance. But remember, that snack is not a full meal, you’ll feel really lazier and heavier after full meal.
You need to form your diet correctly, depending on your goals.
- So, if you want to lose some weight and make a tone for your muscle, proteins and fibre must dominate and carbs and fats should be reduced in your diet. To see more details check this post out: The Best Tips to Burn Fat and Get Shredded
- Also, if you want to gain muscle, your diet should be concentrated on protein and carbohydrates. For more details check this post out: 5 Best Tips to Make Gains
6. Use things around you, or buy home equipment to make it easier for yourself
- Try to be inventive and use things around you, if you will think better you can use random stuff at home. So, you can run by steps between floors, lift books, or also use the chair for different type of push ups etc.
- If you don’t feel comfortable with using different things at your home you can buy some basic equipment. It will make things for you easier and also more comfortable and it is not expensive. You can see some basic home workout equipment below:
Variations of home workouts:
Here are some workouts for you, so you can choose the best fit for yourself. Remember, you can use dumbbells, resistance loop or something from your home for the one you need equipment:
Intermediate home workout:
- Biceps curls: 3 sets|12 reps
- Lateral raises: 3 sets|12-15 reps
- Triceps kickbacks: 3 sets|12 reps
- Bent rows: 3 sets|12 reps
- Wall squats: 3 sets|30-40 seconds
- Overhead press: 3 sets|12reps
Advanced home workout:
- Stability ball push-ups: 3 sets|12-15 reps
- Banded side steps: 3 sets|15-20 reps
- Lunges with overhead triceps extension: 3 sets|12 reps
- Lat pulldowns: 3 sets|15 reps
So, these are the basic things that should help you to make your home workout easier. Just remember, that your results will depend only on yourself. Besides, if you will create better environment for yourself, you will make it only easier. Also remember, don’t overdo in the beginning, go forward with baby steps, start to increase intensity a little every week. And firstly try to make it a good habit. There is a saying, if you do something 21 days in a row, it becomes a habit. So possibly you should try to stick to it at least 21 day, and then you will see if it is yours.