According to statistics, about 50% of people over 40 years old complain of joint pain – and after 70 years, a symptom appears in 90% of cases. So, if you have pain in your joint and if it is not too painful, then there are few ways to help to reduce and even avoid the pain. And here we will talk about possible opportunities to reduce the pain and just feel better. We will talk about what causes joint pain, what joint supplements are better for you and more. So, stay with us!
List of the Best Joint Supplements
Collagen Peptides Supplements
Collagen helps to support your joints, ligaments, bones, tendons, skin, hair and nails. By providing you a blend of collagen types 1, 2, 3, 5 & 10 it will make you the perfect mix to work together and also support collagen synthesis. This type of collagen is in pills, which makes it easier to take for you, but we will provide you the protein powder below too, which is better for athletes.
Collagen pills are easy to take a product and it can help you quite fast. You will restore your joints, will feel less pain and as a benefit, your skin and nails will just be perfect! So, basically, if you just start to feel joint, it can be your savior.
To maintain your joints, collagen supplements are a perfect for you. With age, our body is producing less and less collagen what makes our joints weaker, we are getting wrinkles and the skin is sagging. So, over time consistent hydrolyzed collagen supplementation can even deliver visible reductions in skin wrinkles and sagging. Also, hydrolyzed collagen supplementation has been found to deliver bio-active peptides to the skin and joints.
Collagen supplements are one of the best products which can maintain your joints and skin and make stay them healthy. So, we need to get collagen from different collagen supplements to maintain it in our body and to stay healthier, just to avoid joints injuries and age slower.
So, a huge amount of studies on omega-3 fatty acids indicate they improve cardiovascular profiles. Two grams of EPA-DHA taken daily reduces pain in joints, back and neck areas. It is a perfect supplement to reduce inflammation, which is perfect for people and athletes who feel joint pain on a daily basis. Check our article about the best omega 3 supplements.
Well, fish oil (omega-3) is helping you to get rid of so many issues. It can decrease your bad cholesterol, make your heart work better, raise your testosterone, etc. Check out our post about the best omega 3 supplements with all the pros and cons!
Turmeric is one of the most popular supplements for treating pain, also including joint pain. So, it’s giving you pain-relieving effects which are attributed to a chemical compound in turmeric called curcumin. As you possibly heard that curcumin seems to have anti-inflammatory effects.
So, curcumin works by disturbing the activity of certain enzymes such as lipoxygenase. This enzyme is related to inflammation. It also changes the cytokines, receptors, and cell surface. So, it makes it a perfect player for your joins.
Curcumin also includes antioxidants and anti-microbial compounds. Also, some of them are enhancing your bones. Some studies show, that the greater the dose of curcumin, the greater the response body is getting (2).
So, joint pain is happening not only because of injuries in your body, it can happen because of other reasons as well, like lack of vitamins and minerals. Well if you have this issue already and just starting o feel joint pain, possibly you are just a lack of vitamins and minerals, so check them out.
Just remember that you need to check for the multivitamins balance in your body, most of the issues with health are happening just because you do not have enough of them.
If you will have a good balance of vitamins and minerals in your body, you can avoid the issues with joints or postpone it at least.
Reasons of the Joint Pain
Joint pain occurs due to irritation of the nerve endings coming from the synovial joint bag. So, the peculiarity of the joint tissue structure is such that due to a large number of these endings and good blood supply, the joint is able to respond quickly with a painful reaction to direct and indirect stimuli. Also, irritants may include toxins, products of autoimmune processes, salt crystals, and other inflammatory components.
For the appearance of arthralgia is many factors, such as age, which naturally contributes to degenerative-dystrophic changes in the joints, irritation of the synovial membrane with bone growths (osteophytes), congenital malformations and pathologies, which resulted in improper joint formation, for example, hip dysplasia, and also genetics, overweight, excessive exercise or, on the contrary, a sedentary lifestyle. Also, a separate role in the occurrence of pain is joint trauma, stretching of the tendon-ligamentous apparatus. Joint pain can be caused by vascular disorders as a result of changing weather conditions or prolonged muscle spasm.
The cause of joint pain can be neurological diseases of the spine, as well as diffuse connective tissue diseases caused by systemic autoimmune diseases – lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis (1).
Types of the Joint Pain
Modern medicine split joint pain according to several signs, depending on the time of their manifestation, the nature of the damage, the vastness of progression and localization. Different types of joint pain are characteristic of different diseases.
Types of pains:
- Nocturnal, or congestive, pain: Unpleasant sensations intensify at night when the body is resting. This is due to the fact that due to the lack of movement, stagnation of synovial fluid in the joint occurs.
- Mechanical pains: They are caused by physical activity during the day or pressure on the joint. Such pains usually worsen in the evening, after a night’s sleep they pass.
- Starting pains: Most people face this type of pain, but usually, they simply do not attach importance to their appearance. Starting pains in the joints occur at the beginning of any movement when the joint was at rest until that time. When the joint warms up, the pain subsides or disappears completely.
- Reflected pain: Occur in diseases of the internal organs or after childbirth in women.
5 Rules to Save Your Joints
- Warm-up – Yes, this step may seem boring to you, but it’s dangerous to neglect it, so take it as a rule: before starting a workout, be sure to warm up for 5-10 minutes to warm up the muscles and joints and prepare them for a workout.
- No rush – Increase the time and intensity of the load gradually. Remember: the path that must be covered in a year cannot be safely completed in 2-3 months.
- Find a Professional Mentor – If you are a beginner and take the first steps in bodybuilding, start training under the guidance of a personal trainer who will show you the correct technique of exercises, help you correctly plan your training program and will show you how to avoid the injuries.
- Take care of yourself – You do everything right, but you still feel joint pain after each workout? Or maybe you are constantly harassed by injuries like sprains and subluxations? This may be due to the hereditary weakness of the connective tissue, which makes the joints super-mobile (hypermobile) and particularly sensitive to physical exertion.
- Stretching – Don’t forget to stretch after every exercise, or even better is to have a stretching session after your workout for 5-10 minutes.
What Should I Do if Supplements Doesn't Help?
Well, we will say you a small secret, go and visit your doctor. Also, we will say even more, even if supplements help, still go to visit a doctor. Supplements are good support and they even can reduce the issues or sometimes even get rid of it, but if you already have small issues with your joints, it is much better to visit your doctor. Doctor will prescribe you the best treatment, medicine and joints supplements which will be the best for you.
How to Choose the Best Joint Pain Supplement?
So, firstly you should choose one of we recommend above. We do not mean the exact same, but the same type of supplements. Also, there are a few more factors you need to pay attention when you are choosing supplements:
- Amount of nutrition – Depending on the supplement, you need to check what they contain. Check the proportions, some producers are saving on the expensive and quality ingredients.
- Brand – Maybe it is not the main point, but as you possibly know, the brand tells a lot. If it is well known, it can’t make bad products, another way the reputation will be destroyed and customers will not buy this product anymore. Pay attention to company history, reviews, reputation, choose trustworthy companies.
- Price – You should pay attention to the price. Sometimes you can just overpay, but also remember that good products can’t be cheap. However, a good reference point is the price per serving. Just compare the price between competitors and make your choice.
- Reviews – The best way to know if the supplement worth of its money, is just to check the client reviews. People usually say true. How effective supplement was, what feeling and result they had. Check the product reviews on the producer website or Amazon and make your choice!
Hopefully, now you know more about joint pain, the reasons why it happens and what supplements should help you. But, also remember, joint pain is not a joke, and it is better to visit a doctor to know the reasons for your pain. So, it is much better to figure out the reason as soon as possible to avoid bad conclusions. If you are fitness athlete, these supplements are just must be for you, to support your joints and make them healthy longer.